As was the case last year, we are running a tour of Tenderbreak Permaculture Farm as an ancillary event to Sustainable House Day.
|Our summer garden|
- Passive solar house design using thermal mass to control temperature
- Earth bermed walls, mudbrick construction and radial sawn timber
- Oat roller and home motorised grain grinder
- Designing houses to resist fire & numerous bushfire defence systems including a fire shelter
- Solar power system that provides power to our house (No mains grid connection)
- Grey and black water worm farm treatment system.
- Wood stove for cooking, heating, ironing and hot water supply
- Fresh water and garden irrigation reticulation systems
- Large organic veggie garden and use of compost to build soil depth from 10mm to 300mm.
- Seed saving and companion planting.
- Organic orchard with over 100 varieties of fruiting trees and bushes
- Less common plants include yakon, medlar, lemonade tree, white sapote, shatoot mulberry
- Our flocks of free range hens and ducks
- Fences, gates, trellises, hothouse and outbuildings made from recycled materials.
- Our plans to use a steam engine as a back-up power supply for our solar system
- Fish stocked multifunction dam, and much more
|One of our tours|