We are running tours of Tenderbreak
Permaculture Farm on Sunday October 20 & November 24
|A view of the house from the dam|
- Passive solar house design using thermal mass to control temperature
- Earth bermed walls, mudbrick construction and radial sawn timber including a peek at our new mudbrick cottage (under construction)
- Oat roller and motorised grain grinder (using an old washing machine motor)
- Designing houses to resist fire & bushfire defence strategies including a fire shelter
- Solar power system that provides power to our house (No mains grid connection)
- Grey and black water worm farm treatment system.
- Wood stove for cooking, heating, ironing and hot water supply
- Fresh water and garden irrigation reticulation systems
- Large organic veggie garden and use of compost to build soil depth from 10mm to 300mm.
- Seed saving and companion planting.
- Organic orchard with over 100 varieties of fruiting trees and bushes
- Less common plants include yakon, lemonade tree, white sapote, shatoot mulberry
- Free range hens and ducks
- Fences, gates, trellises, hothouse and outbuildings made from recycled materials.
- Our plans to use a steam engine as a back-up power supply for our solar system
- Fish stocked multifunction dam, and much more
|Hopefully all the blossoms will turn into plenty of fruit|