CONVERSATIONS ABOUT LIVING SUSTAINABLY
Eltham College Training Services have put together this series of talks, which start next Tuesday and run to June the 8th. The program is :-
- March 30 “Securing Our Food Supply: Who needs Supermarkets?” With Graeme George
- April 27 “Surviving Black Saturday with the help of Good Planning and Design” with us (Andrew and Heather)
- May 11 “Focus on World Poverty: Feeding the world” with Rick Coleman
- May 25 “Fish into Food: Unusual Edibles and how to grow them” with Stephen Onions
- June 8 “ Being Really Water Wise: using your water twice” with Rory Fort
To book a seat or for more information contact ECTS, ( ects@ Elthamcollege.vic.edu.au) or Ph 03 9433 9859 or check out their website www.ects.vic.edu.au .
ALTERNATIVES IN FOOD GROWING COURSE
We are helping to present a course called “Alternatives in Food Growing” at Selby Community House. Topics include grafting, composting, bee keeping, fruit tree pruning, harvesting/storing, preserving, tips on vegetable and other food growing. Site visits to be scheduled.
The course is held on Wednesdays 7 to 9.30 pm and runs over 8 weeks
Our presentations are as follows:-
• Wednesday 24th March – Introduction to Compost, Basics of Seed saving and general growing tips
• Wednesday 14th April – Amateur Bee Keeping, Pest management, Choosing & Managing fruit trees
• Sunday 18th April – Site visit – Tenderbreak Farm – Dixons Creek 1.30-5.00pm including Afternoon Tea
For bookings and more information email Tracy at Selby Community House firstname.lastname@example.org
Perhaps we will see you at some of these events.